Pio Cesare Barbaresco DOCG

pio cesare barbaresco
LCBO Vintages Releases Available In Store
Nebbiolo
Type: Red Table Wine
Vintage: 2012

LCBO Vintages Release

 

The Nebbiolo grapes for this wine are sourced exclusively from the Cesare family’s own vineyards: the famous “Il Bricco” Estate and the great hill of San Stefanetto, both located in the village of Treiso. 35% of the wine is aged in French oak barriques (one third new) for 30 months. The remaining 65% spends 3 years in French oak casks, 20 to 50 hectoliters each.

 

A very classic Barbaresco, it is elegant with ripe and spicy fruit, great depth and complexity. The mild and ripe tannins provide this wine with gentleness and finesse, but also strength and opulence. It shows very long ageing potential.

 

“Rich and elegant, this exhibits cherry, strawberry, spice and mineral aromas and flavours, with hints of licorice and tobacco. All the elements convene on the long, lacy finish. Best from 2018 through 2029.”
92 points, Wine Spectator, Nov 2016